My Instagram

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH DIRECTOR AND SCREENWRITER RANELLE GOLDEN


Thank you Ranelle for taking the time to do this interview with NVRI. Kindly introduce yourself to our audience.

Hello NVRI, So happy to be doing this interview with you. I suppose the best way to introduce myself if to share my bio with you.

Ranelle Golden is an award-winning Director, Screenplay Writer, Producer and Author. Ranelle's multitude of talent extends to experience in music, writing, film, and television. Ranelle has written over 50 screenplays, produced several tv pilots, a short series now on Amazon, two features in 2019, two features in 2020, multiple music videos, commercials and more. She has Director over 28 films/series. Ranelle ran a successful performing arts school where over 400 students attended, during her time. She’s published multiple children’s book with several planned for 2021. Ranelle brings to her productions her corporate experience in Management and Accounting. Ranelle Golden is truly a "creative" who has had experience in every division of the industry...music, writing, television, and film.


2. Tell us about your project Harvey, what is the premise of the film and what do you hope that the audience learns?  

As far as what I hope the audience might learn, is nothing. I just want them to be entertained and enjoy a movie. Harvey is about a man stuck in his life and wanting a change but feeling unable to make that change due to circumstances. One night he drinks so much he blackouts, and days later he finds out he might be a killer.


3. Not only did you Co~Direct Harvey, you Co~wrote the screenplay as well. What inspired you to come up with the story for Harvey?

When my son and I decided to make Harvey, we were coming off the effects of the Pandemic causing us to lose our investor on a larger film we hope to make called EMPATH. My son Shawn Golden is my Co-Writer on Harvey and many other films. He was looking at it from the perspective of what can we do with what we have left. It had to be self-contained, if possible, limited core cast, and able to be done safely. We decided to stick close to home, and we started calling out what filming options did we have for locations. We ended up choosing the Bowling Alley. We threw out story ideas to each other, picked one, and made an outline. Nine days later we had our first draft. I called my friend Johnny Alonso who was working with me on Empath to see if he’d want to come on board as Producer, Co￾Director and in a Lead Role. He said yes!



4. You cast a great group of talented actors, how was the casting process like in finding such talent?

Since it was the pandemic and everything was different, I took the approach of casting quietly people I’d worked with. We didn’t do an open call or hold your traditional auditions. We brought in talent from EMPATH where we could, since we knew they were awesome, and we didn’t get to make the feature. Then I reached out to talent I knew, like Andrew Rodgers, Kevin Winn. I’d worked with Darius Autry on several projects, including two other features so I knew I wanted him as our Harvey. Johnny Alonso recommended we bring in Irv Becker, and a few others to complete the cast.


5. What was your favorite scene to direct and why?

I’m not sure I could tell you without giving away one of the bigger moments of the film.



6. Who inspired you the most in the film industry and why?

There are many that have influenced me over the years. But one that comes to mind is Robert Rodriguez. I simply like his approach to filmmaking on any budget level. He also never gave up in the beginning of his career.


7. What advice would you give to female Directors who are just starting out in the film industry?

Don’t let the males in the industry intimidate you. Also go in prepared, have your blocking charts down, know the shot list, read with the actors, and anything else that will be come part of your process – done. Most importantly, don’t be afraid to change up your team if its not working, and if things go wrong, learn from them. Every film will bring a new lesson and make you better.



8. What are some of the things you enjoy doing when you are not filmmaking?

My favorite this is storytelling, so its hard to not be filmmaking on some level. But the top of my list is my kids. They often game with me and I love it!


9. What is next for Ranelle, do you have any projects in development?

I am contracted to produce, possibly direct a feature film in Texas based on a true story. My son and I were contracted to write the screenplay with Randy Holland. It’s his story. I also have several other feature films being pitched as a slate as well as being scheduled to Director another film in California late next year. That film is based on a true story about a teen wrestler. These all will hopefully become theatrical releases.



10.How can your fans get updates about you and your films? Your website or social media links ?

Here are a few:

www.macrovisionfilms.com

www.rockhousellc.com

Instagram.com/ranellegolden

twitter.com/GoldenRan

imdb.com/name/nm3952888


Ranelle Golden

Partner/Creative Director

MACRO VISION FILMS LLC

www.MacroVisionFilms.com

ROCK HOUSE PRODUCTIONS LLC

www.RockHouseLLC.com

407-247-5070


Current Feature Film Projects:

Empath "The Secret to Dozens of Serial Killings Lie in the Mind of a Ten Year Old Empath"

facebook.com/MacroVisionFilms


The Demon Daughter "Your sweet little girl has been Replaced"

facebook.com/MacroVisionFilms


RockSlide "After discovering that his estranged daughter has a gift for music, a famous Rock Star must choose to take his last shot at fame & fortune or become the father his daughter needs to protect her in the music industry"

facebook.com/MacroVisionFilms

instagram.com/macrovisionfilms


Click link below to view trailer and rent or buy HARVEY today.

https://midnightreleasing.com/filmcatalog/harvey/






No comments