My Instagram

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH FILMMAKER DAVID SUMNER ~ RESET


Thank you David for taking the time to do this interview with NVRI. Kindly introduce yourself to our audience.

I am David Sumner, Writer-Director-Producer of the movie ReSet. I’m 36 years old, currently living in Kansas where I’m stationed.

 

Q. Tell us about your most recent project Reset, what is the premise of the film and what do you hope that the audience learns?

The movie is about a young college student named Danielle who gets kidnapped by a disturbed man named Edgar. Edgar has serious issues with women rejecting him and has been driven murderous by his inability to connect with others. Danielle fortunately does have a magic artifact that allows her to “reset” and try different ways of escaping Edgar’s fortified cabin.



Q. How did you come up with the idea for your film Reset?

The genesis of this movie came to me from watching other thrillers and thinking, would I survive, or would a person really survive that situation? Being in the military for so long I find myself constantly evaluating movies on a tactical level, like what are the advantages and disadvantages. Looking at this situation, a young woman held hostage by a serial killer in the middle of nowhere with no special training, she’s totally going to die. So how do I let her die and still somehow have a chance?

 

Q. You cast very talented actors, how was it working with Alyssa Corella (Danielle) and Ben Barlow (Edgar)?

They were fantastic. Ben was in Atlanta and Alyssa was in LA so they didn’t meet until they got into the Manhattan, KS airport. Fortunately they had really great chemistry, worked really well, and they both were very patient with me during my first movie.



Q. What was your drive behind making films?

I have these stories scratching around in my head and it’s so important to me to be able to make them so that they don’t drive me crazy.

 

Q. Who inspired you the most in the film industry and why?

Obviously there are the greats: Spielberg, Scorsese, Cameron, Nolan. But I would say somebody like Kevin Smith who managed to get onto the scene by making a self financed black and white film simply on the strength of it’s script. I knew I was going to have very little money for this film so I focused on making the best script that I could.



Q. If you could put one major celebrity in one of your films, who would it be and what would the film be about?

Will Smith, Jeff Goldblum, and Bill Pullman and it would be an actually good sequel to Independence Day. 

 

Q. What are some of the things you enjoy doing when you are not film￾making? 

I tend to work out. I’m always trying to read more rather than watching YouTube and TV. It’s hard to ween yourself off that dopamine hit you get from the internet. I have also written a novel that’s available on Amazon right now. I wrote it about ten years ago. Chest - Kindle edition by Sumner, David. Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

 


Q. What is next for David, do you have any projects in development?

I am currently writing a novel and writing the script for my next film. I’m putting together a production packet for my next film which I will attempt to get financing for sometime next year. ReSet was financed through personal loans so my ability to make my next film will largely depend on how quickly I can get it paid off.

 

Q.How can your fans get updates about you and your films? Your website or social media links ?

ReSet 2022 Oficial Movie Page | Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ResetMovie

Davidsumnerfilm.com

 

Now available from Midnight Releasing. Click link below to view trailer and buy or rent RESET today on Vimeo.

https://midnightreleasing.com/filmcatalog/reset/






No comments