My Instagram

Diving into the Mind of Dana Schick: The Making of 'The Death of Us' Amidst the Pandemic - Q&A Interview


Q. What drew you to play the role of Katie?

When I read the script, the character Katie jumped off the page her story seemed so real and familiar it was a role that I know could resonate with many women myself included.


Q. How did you prepare for your character in the film?

I am Method Actor so its pretty much a documentary at first I worked with my coach but then I spent a lot of time creating the role of Katie through experience and truth.


Q. What was the most challenging aspect of portraying your character?

Since when made this film during the pandemic, the most difficult part is working thru the lockdown itself.


Q. How was it working with director Yonash Breneman and your fellow actors to bring the story to life?

They were great. Very supportive.


Q. What was your favorite scene to film and why?

The scene with horses, riding is one of my favorite pastime and I really feel a connection to the natural world. Actually my favorite behind the scene fact is that it the same Burger King from Back To The Future.


Q. What message do you hope audiences take away from "The Death of Us"?

This is a real story, but also this film represent and record of reality during the pandemic and the mental health struggles of so many.



Q. What do you think sets "The Death of Us" apart from other films in the same genre?

Our film is literally shot in real time as its own unique storyline, and innovative filmmaking techniques, and the tenacity to see this film through to its completion and reach audiences worldwide on our own merit and love of cinema for "The Death of Us".


Q. How did you balance portraying a character's emotions with the technical aspects of filming?

Balancing portraying a character's emotions with the technical aspects of filming can be a challenge. It requires a combination of skill, experience, and adaptability and collaboration with the director and the rest of the film crew. Also, preparing, rehearsals, and working closely with the director and fellow actors during rehearsals helps as well, as all technical awareness.


Q. What advice would you give to aspiring actors looking to make it in the industry?

Don’t give up, look at me I was shooting a film during a pandemic, so you have to have heart in this industry. 


Q. What is next for you, any new projects in development?

Yes several films are in development now, I am producing a film called Dead Mall .


Q. How can your fans get updates about you and your projects? Your website or social media links?

You can follow me on social media at my Instagram page @DanaSchick or the film

@Thedeathofusmovie




THE DEATH OF US IMDB PAGE

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12337854/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_6_nm_2_q_THE%2520DEATH%2520OF%2520US


STREAM ON VUDU

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/details/The-Death-of-Us/2304510


STREAM ON AMAZON PRIME

https://www.amazon.com/Death-Us-Dana-Schick/dp/B0BX2JZYFC/ref=sr_1_1


STREAM ON TUBI

https://tubitv.com/movies/100005108/the-death-of-us


PLEASE EMBED THE MOVIE TRAILER




No comments