My Instagram

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH ACTOR CARL BAILEY


Thank you Carl for taking the time to do this interview with NVRI. Kindly introduce yourself to our audience.


I’m Carl Bailey, “The Coach,” a former Texas High School football coach, High School Principal, college professor, broadcaster, and an actor for the past decade. I am often asked about being “The Coach.” I was an athlete that played sports and then after graduating from college I had a long and successful coaching career in Texas. When I was introduced to this industry I found it was easier to for production to remember “The Coach” and it became my brand. I have a website and also have been broadcasting Texas High School football games for the past 12 years and “The Coach” seems to be fairly well known throughout the community of Texas high School football.

 

Q. Tell us about your project Evil Under the Skin, what is the premise of the film and what do you hope that the audience learns?

A mother and daughter head off for a secluded weekend to reconnect little do they know the past history of the home they are staying in or the strangeness it attracts. There are a few twists and strange characters that show up as they descend into the madness created at that house. Hopefully, the audience will accept the film for what it is, a low budget horror film designed to entertain and shows that, regardless of budget, filmmakers can be inventive to showcase their passion of creating.



Q. Tell us a little about your character, Sheriff Roy Keeps.

Roy Keeps is a small town Sheriff that feels a responsibility for the safety of the community and his constituents. He’s someone you can trust and will make sure the standards of law enforcement are upheld. A person of honor, duty, and integrity. Sheriff Keeps is very similar to my personal character and reflects many of the roles I have been cast in. I find it gratifying and somewhat effortless to portray these characters like Sheriff Keeps. The reality of the business is that you are cast as an actor to be natural and believable. I think that I am often cast in roles of authority and law enforcement because of my previous professional career and my background of life experiences.

 


Q. How was it working with Director Jeff Schneider and the rest of the cast?

I had worked with Jeff Schneider before and he reached out with a role that really fit my skills and acting talents in, “Evil Under the Skin.” I enjoy working with Jeff and the team he has assembled. It has become a small production group with a family feel that works together to produce a quality project under low budget parameters.

 

Q. What is your favorite genre film to be an actor in and why?

I believe that most people that know my career would agree that I am a true action actor that does stunt work and has advanced weapons training. I enjoy action films, including horror projects, but without a doubt my favorite would be the western genre. Growing up in rural Texas, riding horses, shooting all types of guns, and watching the golden age of television westerns and movies with stars like John Wayne and Clint Eastwood, those experiences left an enduring impression in my life. I have had the opportunity to film several westerns, one my own, and there is something special for me about being involved in that genre.



Q. What inspires your creativity?

I was born with a vivid imagination and there was always space for me to be creative in my life. I believe that creativity has a lot to do with problem solving and is about doing meaningful activities. Creativity involves transforming your ideas, imagination, and dreams into reality with creative solutions. My creativity brings me purpose in life. It’s my life experiences that have taught me not to be afraid of the unknown, but there is nothing to be afraid of when it comes to being right or wrong. In the words of Thomas Edison: “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

 

Q. What is next for Carl, do you have any projects in development?

I have multiple projects coming out this year. I am currently working in several productions and have my own film in post-production. I enjoy the work and have been blessed with opportunities. 



Q. How can your fans get updates about you and your films? Your website or social media links?

 

Follow The Coach on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. @Carlthecoachbailey @Carlcoachbailey

Please check out my IMDB Page:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4630525/



 

Click link below to view trailer and rent or buy EVIL UNDER THE SKIN

https://midnightreleasing.com/filmcatalog/evil-under-the-skin/




No comments