My Instagram

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH DIRECTOR AND ACTRESS AMY CAY ~ THE CASE OF DAKOTA MOORE


Thank you Amy for taking the time to do this interview with NVRI. 


Kindly introduce yourself to our audience.


Hey everyone, I'm Amy Cay! Originally from Colorado, I moved to Southern California in 2017. I met Anthony Leone through work and while discussing our interests, we both learned about how we love Horror movies. Anthony had told me about how he was working on his first film, Assumption. I jokingly told him he should put me in a horror movie he makes, and kill me off as the blonde. Total joke, as I've never acted before, he was super excited to add me into his future project, HACKSAW. After that, we have been going non stop. I started out acting, and now have produced, edited and directed with Anthony on our films.



2. Tell us about your most recent project The Case of Dakota Moore, what is the premise of the film and what do you hope that the audience learns?


This horror documentary film is about a vlogger, Dakota Moore, who separates from her family to pursue her dream of traveling by herself. Along the way, she gains a massive amount of followers who donate to her channel, which allows her to travel wherever she wants to go. One of her followers, Mr. Wednesday, donates for her to travel to California, one of her dream destinations. She ends up staying on a boat and around this time it's Halloween, so there are a lot of events going on, which allows her to explore and see new things. What she doesn't know is that this follower had ill intentions, and had this planned all along.


Throughout the film you see interviews of detectives, her brother and an analyst that are helping to solve her case, and figure out who this follower, or followers are.

3. Tell us a little about your character, Dakota?


Dakota Moore is a very outgoing, spunky character. She loves traveling and exploring around, and especially loves Halloween. She is definitely naive when trusting strangers to just pay for her trips, because as you watch the movie, you realize, not everyone can be trusted. Especially on the internet.



4. How does this character differ from other characters that you’ve played?


Dakota Moore, is me, basically! Ha ha! When Anthony wrote this script, I knew it was basically designed around my personality. I absolutely love to travel, and I LOVE Halloween! The boat in the movie, I was actually living on at the time, so, again, I am very much like this character!


The other characters I've played, like Ashley in HACKSAW, she's very bossy and mean to her fiance.


Madison Walker in Mike & Fred vs. The Dead (which I will discuss below), she's a hard ass and very GI Jane status. Torment, our 4th feature coming out, that character has no name. She is a very dark character that is a mix of Hannibal Lecter and Michael Meyers.


All very different from Dakota.



5. What was your favorite day on set? Why?


Gosh, I have a favorite day, and a favorite moment, if I can explain both! Ha ha!


My favorite day was our scene where we are filming at the amusement park. I got to walk around, ride a carousel, a roller coaster, eat funnel cake (my fav) and played video games! It was such a fun day!


Although, I almost dropped my iPhone 11 Max Pro (what we filmed on) on the roller coaster, thankfully it didn't happen! 


My favorite moment was the scene where I'm walking on the beach at sunset. I am not kidding you when I say, that was literally the most beautiful beach sunset I've ever experienced in my life! So, to have it in the movie is very special to me!



6. What was your most difficult scene? Why?


Without giving the ending away, there is a scene at the end that was hard for me to film. It's intense and while filming, we pushed the limits on making the audience uncomfortable, without showing too much. To this day, when I see that scene, it still makes me uncomfortable!



7. What movie or event from your childhood turned you on to the film industry?


Saw II. I wasn't really allowed to watch horror movies growing up because my parents didn't want me to have nightmares, ha ha! So, as I got older and was able to watch them, I watched Saw II and remember thinking to myself, "I would LOVE to be in a horror movie like this someday!" I've always loved action too, however, there is just something about horror movies that just gets me amped!

8. Who inspires your creativity


Anthony Leone, and my dreams! Literally. We definitely feed off of each other as far as energy and creativity, as well as me having some insane dreams that we have morphed into either scripts or short films. We work so hard and work GREAT together! I'm grateful to have a partner like that!



9. What is next for Amy and your production company Leone Films, do you have any projects in development?


As of right now, we have our 3rd feature film, Mike & Fred vs. The Dead in film festivals! This movie is a comedy horror about two potheads that get stuck in a zombie apocalypse. I play the sister, Madison Walker, who is the sister to Fred. It's hilarious, has a touch of gore, a bunch of zombies and great scoring!!


We are working to get that bought and out to the world for everyone to see! This was our next feature from HACKSAW, and I know that our audience and following will be pleasantly surprised!


Our 4th feature is Torment. This movie, I am beyond excited about! It took us just seven months from testing to post production to finish it! It's a horror drama, a tribute to Hitchcock. I play the main character, with no name, who has a very robotic presence to her. She is a mix between Hannibal Lecter and Michael Meyers, zero regard for her actions or anyone's feelings. This will be hitting the film festivals by this August and will be making her rounds for the horror community to see!



10. How can your fans get updates about you and your films? Your website or social media links ?


Please go follow my Instagram: @amycaypage for all updates on our movies and future projects!


All available streaming platforms and view trailer here

https://midnightreleasing.com/filmcatalog/the-case-of-dakota-moore





No comments