My Instagram

Interview with Jamaal S. | Author of Fairy Houses Coloring Book


How would you describe yourself in one word?

Sedulous 😁


You choose this field as a passion or profession?

It's a mix of both.

Becoming an author is a deep passion pf mine because it's a creative outlet that links to mental health. ‘Fairy Houses’ is just one from the Adult Coloring Book Series that I created; it's a way to share experiences with others in a different format that stems off of my profession.


I started in the field of mental health and (shameless plug 😉) created Simmons Mental Health LLC. where I still see clients. From there, I was able to spend more time exploring my interests and further giving back to the community.


Why do you feel this is the ideal profession for you?

This is the ideal passion project. It's a way for me to invest in people and reach an even larger community.


Can you please tell us more about your coloring book 'Fairy Houses'?

This is a fun way to work on your focus, do some self-care, and tap into the creative side of your brain. This is part of an adult coloring book series made for therapy.


The idea behind this book is that you're supposed to take this book out with you, color in it, and notice how you feel when you color. Most of my clients notice a sense of calm-focus whereas before they would feel social anxiety.


My clients have provided feedback that they like the fairy house idea; it seems to be the most calming for them to use. It can also be metaphorically suggestive of how they are doing mentally. Using the colors and the metaphor of the house people are able to visualize their own mental state while looking back and reflecting on their artwork.


So give it a shot yourself. Take this book out with you into the world.



Your fav. Book?

One of my favorite books is Baby Dragons Coloring Book. It's most dear to my heart because my daughter loves it.


What do you do when not working?

I'm often playing video games, playing dungeons & dragons, hanging out with my kids, family, and friends, and binge-watching shows, movies, and documentaries on several streaming platforms.


Where do you see yourself in three years from now, or where would you like to be?

I aim to be a part of the solution to the world’s mental health crisis. In an ever changing world I do not like to limit myself by setting self fulling prophecy goals like these. Instead I would like to continue to strive to be the best I can for my children, myself, my family, friends, and my clients. This way I can grow more and produce more relatable content that can reach others. I strive to push limits and think outside the box when it comes to the medium I use because it is about getting the information out there about mental health. So in three years, to answer your question more directly, look for more books from yours truly.


Your favourite Quote?

"Real g's move in silence like lasagna" -Lil Wayne


Aim of your life?

My aim is to be a great father and example for my children.


What are some things that you love?

I love my adorable kids, my passion projects, and I'm a huge Sonic the hedgehog fan! 😁


How's your fans can get updates about you? Your website or social media links ?

Amazon Author Page: Please Follow 🐱

www.amazon.com/stores/Jamaal-S.-Publishing/author/B0CJVRBK6D


book site and mailing list: 

https://fairy-homes-coloring-book-for-adults.getresponsesite.com


Business Card:

https://blinq.me/6ThiaDhc2CXm






No comments