My Instagram

Interview with Christine Reidhead | Educator, Humanitarian & Founder of AfrikRising


We had a great conversation with Christine Reidhead. Read the full interview here:


Q: How would you describe yourself in one word?

Driven

 

Q: How's your feelings when people left good feedback about your work?

Everyone likes to be appreciated, so it is definitely rewarding.


Q: Why do you feel this is the ideal profession for you?

I have many titles: podcaster, professor, author, humanitarian, etc. I love these because the foundation of all of these roles is helping and serving others.  

 

Q: Can you please tell us more about the AfrikRising?

AfrikRising is a nonprofit that serves children in Africa. Africa is one of the poorest continents in the world and we’re trying to make a difference in children’s lives a little at a time. 

 

Q: What do you do when not working?

I love to travel, so we traveled a lot before the pandemic, which I miss. But typically you would either find me traveling or working after work. I really just love working.

 

Q: Where do you see yourself in three years from now, or where would you like to be?

In three years I would still love to be working at Navajo Technical University. I enjoy what I’m doing and I enjoy my colleagues. I work with some really good people.

 

Q: Can you please tell us about the most successful project you have worked on.

There are several that come to mind: replacing windows and installing mosquito nets to help an orphanage combat malaria in Nigeria, Africa, repairing sewing machines and providing materials to a disability trade school so they can make shoes in Nigeria, Africa, and also providing Christmas gifts to children in Desemboque and Ures, Mexico.


 

Q: What is your dream project?

My dream is to open up a school in Africa. 

 

Q: What are some things that you love? 

I love to work. I love serving and helping others. I love traveling. I always love a challenge that will stretch my skills and really push me to be a better person. I have so much to learn, so if I don’t have a challenge or project I’m working on, I get bored and feel unfulfilled. 

 

Q: How's your fans can get updates about your latest projects ? Your website or social media links ? 

You can visit my website at: www.christinereidhead.com. I am also on Facebook and Instagram.
 

You could also follow our nonprofit at: www.afrikrising.org and we’re also on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter






No comments